Have you ever felt like you are not good enough? Do you ever feel like you are losing your self-esteem? Well, unfortunately, so does half of the world population. It’s nothing new, but it is bothersome.
We can write a miles-long post about this issue, but for now, let’s focus on reading. There are a plethora of books specifically dedicated to this problem, so why not check them out?
- The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem: The Definitive Work on Self-Esteem by the Leading Pioneer in the Field – Nathaniel Branden
Branden introduces the six pillars-six action-based practices for daily living that provide the foundation for self-esteem-and explores the central importance of self-esteem in five areas: the workplace, parenting, education, psychotherapy, and the culture at large.
- What to Say When you Talk To Yourself – Shad Helmstetter
We talk to ourselves all of the time, usually without realizing it. And most of what we tell ourselves is negative, counterproductive, and damaging, preventing us from enjoying a fulfilled and successful life.
- The Power of Your Subconscious Mind – Joseph Murphy
The Power of Your Subconscious Mind has been a bestseller since its first publication in 1963, selling many millions of copies since its original publication.
- Soul without Shame: A Guide to Liberating Yourself from the Judge Within – Byron Brown
Liberate yourself from the limitations and judgments imposed by your inner critic, and develop “soul qualities” to experience freedom and vitality.
- Presence: Bringing Your Boldest Self to Your Biggest Challenges – Amy Cuddy
By accessing our personal power, we can achieve “presence,” the state in which we stop worrying about the impression we’re making on others and instead adjust the impression we’ve been making on ourselves.
- You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life – Jen Sincero
By the end of You Are a Badass, you’ll understand why you are how you are, how to love what you can’t change, how to change what you don’t love, and how to use The Force to kick some serious ass.
- Feel the Fear . . . and Do It Anyway – Susan Jeffers
With insight and humor, Dr. Jeffers shows you how to become powerful in the face of your fears–and enjoy the elation of living a creative, joyous, loving life.
- The Confidence Gap: A Guide to Overcoming Fear and Self-Doubt – Russ Harris, Steven Hayes Ph.D.
Free yourself from common misconceptions about what confidence is and how to build it.
- Ultimate Confidence: The Secrets to Feeling Great About Yourself Every Day – Marisa Peer
There’s so much more to confidence than being outgoing, and self-esteem has a huge impact on both your happiness and what you are able to achieve in life.
- The Magic of Thinking Big – David J Schwartz
First published in 1959, David J Schwartz’s classic teachings are as powerful today as they were then. Practical, empowering, and hugely engaging.