In this fast-paced reality, we often find ourselves short on time. Marching from one task to another, no matter if it’s something mundane or important – we may find ourselves struggling. Simply put, the day is too short to get all things done. Because of this, we oftentimes don’t have much time to read. Or even if we do have time, it’s super-easy to get distracted after a while.
Having this in mind, we put together a list of the best short stories out there. This way, you can relax after a hectic day even when time is running short (pun intended :)). Enjoy!
- Going to Meet the Man by James Baldwin (1965)
- The Night Driver by Italo Calvino (1967)
- The Landlady by Roald Dahl (1959)
- Don’t Look Now by Daphne Du Maurier (1973)
- A View from the Observatory by Helen Dunmore (2018)
- The Nose by Nikolai Gogol (1836)
- Funny Little Snakes by Tessa Hadley (2017)
- Over the River and Through the Wood by John O’Hara (1934)
- The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe (1843)
- The Happy Prince by Oscar Wilde (1888)